Billy On Okinawa.... Adding More Stories To Tell.........

"Once we meet we are brothers and sisters" this is the Okinawan belief. This blog is for the wholesome stories, one can tell their children. lol And by the way, just in case your wondering...I was asked for a nick name.. I said "Viry," they understood "Billy." So.. call me Billy as in "Billy Goat."

Thursday, February 09, 2006

The Dinner Party





El Menu:
Chille con Carne Tostadas- con friholes, salsa y vegetales
Tacos de Carne Molida y Papa
Camarones a la diabla
Ensalada de Pasta
Guacamole hecho en casa

So a Mexican dinner party.... Oh ya baby! It was great fun! My parents' and I started off the day with a walk at the Peace Memorial Park, located a close 2 miles away. Ending at a fabulous Japanese restaurant with my co-workers and supervisor from the board of education. Kimonos galore and seeing my dad dunk his cookies in his coffee in front of everyone was impressive. My supervisor couldn't keep his eyes off him. "You look like a movie star," she kept saying. Mind you, he had crumbs on his beard! All I could do was keep watching my mother hit my dad under the table to stop dunking his cookies. Of course.... my father never even noticed what she was trying to do..... "why are you hitting me," he kept saying. Me? I was just laughing away! Anyways... so we left the restaurant and did some more walking around the Zen garden with cherry blossoms and Coy fish all around. We then headed out to Jusco to do the shopping for the dinner. My dad couldn't stop poking at the raw fish in the seafood section. He kept wanting to hold my moms' hand, but she wouldn't budge since he was touching the fish. Later of coarse she gave in only after handing him a moist wipe. Boy, did we call attention! Over a 13,000 yen, 120 dollars, and 1,200 pesos later, we were off to start cooking. Thanks to Ben who came over early to help restalk the bathroom with toilet paper. Only after boasting that he was a master at cutting onions, I let him help out. Well, needless to say.... the man is not a natural and needed some help cutting. I said finely, he gave me golf balls. Everyone came soon after that. Okinawan tequilla.... awamori. One of my teachers gave my dad a bottle... and by the night the bottle was taken by a mysterious someone. (Another post on that) They came, they ate, they drank. Ben decided to be the super gaijin and dye his hair blonde. hmmmm. Don't know what he thinks now, that he is sober! Let me know Ben! It was a blast! Gracias Amigos!

2 Comments:

Blogger John Hayato said...

Hey Elvira,
Thanks for a wonderful dinner!! It was fun hanging out with everyone and meeting your parents. Do you have any pictures of Ben now?? Well, talk to you later. JB

Thursday, February 09, 2006 11:49:00 AM  
Blogger Elvira said...

no pics.... yet... maybe i will see him this weekend or the next!

Thursday, February 09, 2006 9:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home