Billy On Okinawa.... Adding More Stories To Tell.........

"Once we meet we are brothers and sisters" this is the Okinawan belief. This blog is for the wholesome stories, one can tell their children. lol And by the way, just in case your wondering...I was asked for a nick name.. I said "Viry," they understood "Billy." So.. call me Billy as in "Billy Goat."

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

THE GUMBALL RALLY




Friday, March 10th
3rd grade graduation. It was actually nice but, VERY VERY boring. Everyone was dressed in black except for the students'. I asked why and Harumi-Sensai said, "think of it as if we are the backstage during a play... you don't want to call attention away from the actors." Elequently said, i reckon. Makes sense, i guess. After sitting for 2 hours, I begged one of the teacher's to let me do something....so she sent me on bento run. After bringing back 40 bento lunches, I came just in time for the ending. The other grades made beautiful banners to wish the students' luck. The 3rd graders sang their school song one last time as a class before they walked out single filed to shake our hands. Many teacher's cried, but I didn't, I was laughing... telling the girls NOT to wear their skirts short in high school. (the japanese school girls wear their skirts as short as Daisy Dukes... scouts honor) I ended up taking many, many pictures with the kids and their families'.

Friday Night

Julie and I drove to a beautiful cafe were the view was just awesome. This picture was taken just after sunset. We contimplated on what to do the rest of the night while sipping my tea and her coffee.


Countinued..... Friday Night....
After our fabulous chillaxin time at the cafe we head to the "otch kara sama des party," in Habaru. Japanese teachers' love to drink.... so we met them for free drinks at Tomatoe Kareoke. We got drunk with my principle and abouy 13 other teachers. They actually got dissapointed when we couldn't hang anymore.


That is Kanta-Sensai, Julie sinking to Outkast and myself. Hmmmm, I think this picture was taken after who knows how many beers. As you can see my JTE is pretty wasted. You can also see Julie do some Karaoke just click here!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=569704112&n=2&Mytoken=13A71BE7-509A-EC56-497C823F8EA5A3B546599754





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home