Billy On Okinawa.... Adding More Stories To Tell.........

"Once we meet we are brothers and sisters" this is the Okinawan belief. This blog is for the wholesome stories, one can tell their children. lol And by the way, just in case your wondering...I was asked for a nick name.. I said "Viry," they understood "Billy." So.. call me Billy as in "Billy Goat."

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Gasolina, Starbucks, Garbage and Eating Out

Lets begin my week so far with....


Gasolina
Friday night- After a night of ups and downs, Lorena, Kerri, Julie, Jaime and myself decide to hit Salsatinatina's in downtown Naha. 300 yen to get in and 1,500 yen for a pitcher of Gasolina; A mixed drink of who knows what, that will basically make you strap on your dancing shoes after 1 shot. Boy, let me tell you after 4 pitchers ... my shoes were glued, super glued and stapled on since I couldn't stop dancing the night away! That stuff was awesome! Back to dancing... ah yes, 'with you who might ask?' Hmmm, with handsome marines and airmen! Let's just say 2 of the ones I danced with........ can really..... Kii.... Dance! :)
whewwww whooooo!
Anywasys, Jaime got wasted and had to go so Julie took her home early. Kerri, Lorena and I stayed dancing and drinking more gasolina. On the way home... God.. we had such a blast....but I just can't remember why we were laughing!
Thanks for a fun night out girls!
Starbucks

Monday night- It's 8:00 pm, bored in my apartment.
"Julie, lets go to starbucks in Naha City," I said. Sure enough my travel companion said "yes." We called Kerri and asked to pick her up since she already had 3 glasses of wine. Picked her up and drove off to Main Place. Sitting outside sipping my "drink of the week," white chocolate mocha. Kerri and Julie: " We'll be back... gonna get our drinks." Needless to say: They come back laughing and giggling holding a white bag from San A. Inside? Booze! They sneaked off to buy some wine! There we were.... at starbucks, me drinking coffee and these girls ever so secretly drinking wine!

Garbage
After dropping Kerri off in Urasoe, I hit my shortcut with "Bug," my nickname for Julie. Anyways, so we come to a dark, highly sloped street.... there was a man hiding in a corner and trash all over the floor next to him. I keep on driving down the hill, but slow my speed to a mere 3 mph.The next thing you know we hear a "thump" on the back window. I stop the car look back and notice there is a trash bag on my loaner car! I pull up the handbrake ubruptly and get out yelling at the man in the corner: "You son of a bitch! Don't throw trash at my car!" Ok, so not really yelling....just enough to make sure Julie heard me and not the man! Last thing I needed was some deranged Japanese man kicking my ass. hehe. I threw away the bag, and noticed that my window was all slimey. A good laugh.



Eating Out
So I told myslef, "no more eating out, need to save money." Well, Julie calls me yesturday and asks to have Indian food in Naha. So, of coarse I went.... i love Nanecks Place. I tell Julie about my "procedure" that I am having done in Thailand over garlic nann and masala. (this is a whole other entry) Later we meet up Kerri at our local hangout, Paul and Mikes and yes.... they drank....again... no worries :) I ended up leaving at 10pm, and they got home about 3 am.
Now today, Wednesday, I just came back from Chattan City. Our trio and Jaime ate at Obrigado... a Mexican place. Ummm, heard this place was tasty, but I didn't care for it. No ones Mexican food is better than your own, and especially your own mothers'. We shared our food but rapidly noticed there was not so much taste, it was a bit bland. Beans had no salt, rice was too squishy, the tacos had a hard shell, and the salsa was more like a spicy paste, than anything else. The mole, had too many spices, but yet it needed something else. The tortilla soup was tasty, I give them that. A bit overpriced for the guacamole. I rate it 2 "chile peppers" out of 5, go there only if you are desperate for Mexican food, right then and there. Other than that, head over to my place and I will cook for you, with fair warning.... of coarse. So, after saying that I would not eat out anymore.... I have only 2,000 yen ... until payday.




Now, here in my apartment, broke and getting ready to watch
"Yankees and Terra"..... that's right folks!
Gone With the Wind!
(sister in your honor!)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mujer, la proxima ves, le tiras la vasura patras!

yoly

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 9:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home