Billy On Okinawa.... Adding More Stories To Tell.........

"Once we meet we are brothers and sisters" this is the Okinawan belief. This blog is for the wholesome stories, one can tell their children. lol And by the way, just in case your wondering...I was asked for a nick name.. I said "Viry," they understood "Billy." So.. call me Billy as in "Billy Goat."

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Okinawa International University, Enlgish Camp



Boy this was a fabulous weekend. Some ALT's headed up North to Higashi, where there are almost no signs of life. We had a chance to teach at the English Camp this year with the University students. Let me just say: They speak better english than the actual English teachers at my school! We had such a blast. We left early Friday morning till late Monday night. We played games, talked, played games, talked and drank each night, since they are of age! This girl on the floor is Curly Sue, I actaully changed her name because her hair is really curly! She is lying on the floor because we were drawing the "dead person" position needed for our murder mystery skit.





On Saturday, we verntured out to the woods of Higashi and ended up at the Mangroves. It was quite a blast, considering we were walking around during a pretty bad typhoon. These poor people in the water had such a terrible time trying to kayak back to shore, since the wind was pretty harsh, they couldn't.


These are some of us at the mangroves. next to me is Skittles, he loves to wear colorful clothing so I nick named him, Skittles. It was quite funny because during the whole english camp I kept whispering "taste the rainbow" to him.




On our first night we held a murder mystery game. i played the girlfriend of one of the guys. It was quite funt because I kept saying that my "boyfriend" is a chubby chaser. After the game, we had a Barbi, in which the students cooked for us. On the menu was beef, chicken, noodles, shrimp, beer and lots of beer. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home